Friday, July 19, 2013

Alcohol Ink Splatters...revised

The technique of dropping alcohol inks on glossy cardstock and then zapping them with canned air began with Tim Holtz, I believe.  I've used a lot of ink and a lot of canned air in the years since his demo.  Now it's a current technique on Technique Junkies, and I decided to modify it some.   I really like a more "watery" look to the ink, but the original Ranger alcohol inks are intense.  So I added blending fluid and then dabbed the whole thing with a paper towel soaked in rubbing alcohol (91%).  (A continuing problem for me is choosing the right stamp for the background; if it slides and smears---there goes a background!)


Stampendous image

Hero Arts image 

3 comments:

Tish said...

HI, Evelyn. You are so right about all the canned air. I have gone through at least 2 cans and they were not for cleaning!! I like how you modified it. Not sure I have seen both the blending fluid and the alcohol together like that. You are on to something for sure.
Tish

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Evelyn
I agree totally with what you say and your technique looks awesome, Love the images, the cards are beautiful.
Smiles:)
Sue

Cynthia Schelzig said...

What gorgeous backgrounds!!! Makes me want to get out some stamps:)