Monday, July 29, 2013

Gesso Resist with Distress Inks

When I saw Godelieve's post on this technique, I loved the effect. My attempts didn't turn out as I hoped, but I did like this one piece, and I like it more each time I look at the finished card!    I applied gesso through a plastic stencil onto watercolor paper to get the flowers in the background; then I applied Squeezed Lemonade, Wild Honey, and Ripe Persimmon Distress inks to the only shadow image I could find in my stamps -- I had to stamp it multiple times to cover the background.   Black and white butterfly punches are Etsy purchases with tiny pearls added, and the sentiment is from Stampendous. ( I added tiny black jewels to help cover a stray ink mark.)  {I am still sending a handmade card to my old friend who has been fighting cancer for two years.}


5 comments:

Lisa Gordon said...

This is really pretty, Evelyn.
It almost looks like a watercolor painting.

ednamburgess said...

Actually I like the way yours turned out. It's beautiful. Edna

Godelieve said...

Gorgeous result!! Love that you used flowers. I have stamped gesso flowers too, but didn't have a chance yet to finish the card.
Thanks for linking back!

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Evelyn
I have been away for a bit so I am catching up on everyone and their creations but I am not commenting on many as it will take too much time, but I had to review this little masterpiece. I use Gesso all the time and love working with it as you never know what you are going to get, you should be thrilled with this result as it is fabulous. The flowers look fantastic on your Bg.
Smiles:)
Sue

Cynthia Schelzig said...

Gorgeous! Love the scatter effect!