Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Tuesday Card

Obviously, I've been slacking in the card-making ... my last post was a week ago, for a Tuesday card.  Today, I had the card made ahead of time and still missed getting it in the mail.  (As I've explained before, our mail is picked up at the post office around noon and is trucked all the way across the state for sorting, and then is trucked back ... in the case of this card, to an address that's just 30 miles from me.)    But I digress:  I love the color of this cardstock and I love tiny polka dots.  It's a piece of cardstock I purchased at a JoAnn's store a few months ago.   Instead of Thursday, Chelsea will receive her card on Friday this week.


Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Tuesday Card


I was going to deliver this personally on Tuesday, because Chelsea and I were having lunch together.  However, I left it in the car in the parking lot across the street.  So it goes in the mail on Wednesday.  

I'm not terribly fond of this design...the stripes just don't do it for me.  However, it's a completed card, so I'm sending it.   Penny Black image and SU! sentiment.  After I applied the stripes to the card front, I dry embossed everything.  The image was colored with watercolor markers (the color is really more of a cantaloupe shade than the orange).  

Sunday, June 10, 2018

Shattered Glass


CAS Mix Up this month involves layered embossing powders. When I saw the options, I decided immediately to go for the "shattered glass" technique; it's one I did years ago, but haven't played with since.  To be honest, the first project is pretty...but it's definitely not CAS.  So back to the craft mess.  I chose the stamp first because I needed to work with a specific size, one that didn't cover the card front.  The stamp is from Inkadinkado's Tin Can Mail line, and is one of about only five "masculine" images in my collection.  After cracking "the glass," I rubbed some brown ink into the cracks to accentuate them and added two adhesive dots. 


Friday, June 8, 2018

Color Throwdown 496


There are so many blues in the color spectrum...aqua is the choice for Color Throwdown 496, but I had only one piece of cardstock that came close; everything else was green or really blue.  I do love this color combination.  Wouldn't it be beautiful in a bedroom?   (IRL, the cardstock is closer to the color on the blog.) 

My card features two Memory Box dies and some shiny adhesive dots.



  


Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Tuesday Card

I've been absent for just about a month, but Chelsea has still received a card each week, except the day we were surprised in Brooklyn with our son's wedding!   When we were in New York for 12 days, I bought a letterpress card with an image of the Statue of Liberty and mailed it to her; when we returned home, I dug in my stash for a card to mail.  Today's card is a new one, but one created from a piece of alcohol ink background.

The flowers are Hero Arts.


Monday, June 4, 2018

Sunday Stamps


My first card in more than a month...but I have a good excuse.  We went to New York to visit our oldest son and experienced a surprise wedding on the third day!  Even our younger son, his wife and baby were there from here in Oregon.  It was an amazing surprise and wonderful stay in Brooklyn, with forays into Manhattan, to Long Island (all the way to Montauk) and to Coney Island.  Back to stamping: 

In New York, black is THE clothing color. I felt right at home, because I love wearing black.  It seems only fitting that my first card post-New York is a black and white one for the Sunday Stamps sketch.   I added a bit of color on the flowers, but decided that I preferred dark flowers.  

Sunday, April 29, 2018

Freshly Made with a Popped-up Sentiment


I tried something new on this card for Freshly Made Sketches, something I've admired on other cardmakers' creations. The die is from Altenew; the flower image is from Stampendous.  After stamping the flowers, I heat-embossed the images and colored with SU! markers. I die-cut three additional words, two white and a black,  and adhered them to the underside of the colored one. Finally, I used narrow strips of foam tape to pop "happy" even more.  I definitely want to try this technique again, but I'll probably use lighter colors for the stamped images so the die cut is more obvious.