Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Color Throwdown for a Special Birthday


When this popped up in my e-mail, I was immediately in love with the colors!  And I just happened to need to make a birthday card for my youngest sister today.   I started with the colors, of course.  Although I was in love with stripes, my black and white paper pads don't include stripes.  Polka dots, yes!  Choosing a sentiment was next; I don't have many beyond the "Happy Birthday" ones.  The Emerson quote on a Wordsworth stamp seemed fitting.  To make the card decidedly feminine, I added the butterfly for the Color Throwdown challenge.






4 comments:

Wanda Cullen said...

What a beautiful birthday card with a super sentiment as the focal point! Love your take on the throwdown colors and so glad you were able to play along this week!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, well, everything stopped when I read the quote. How profoundly true that is. I just absolutely love the polka dots!

Vickie Z said...

Love those polka dots and sentiment! Wonderful! So happy you joined us at CTD!

Jodi Collins said...

WOW! This quote is amazing! GORGEOUS card, love the polka dots! Thanks for playing along with The Color Throwdown!!!