Saturday, January 4, 2020

Starting the New Year with Color Throwdown

I've been away...in so many ways.  I haven't abandoned card-making:  I created 30 Christmas cards of various designs, but didn't post any on my blog.  I still want to make more Christmas cards because I bought new stamps!  Why, I really don't know. 





Although I don't do very well with color challenges, I was attracted to this new Color Throwdown with its simple color palette.  I even experimented with stacked circle cuts, my first attempt.  The 'leafy branch' die is from Pink Fresh; "happy" is from Simon Says Stamp. 




5 comments:

MADMYSHA said...

I was going to say I love the circle cut-outs! Adds so much dimension. The card is beautiful.

tish rowe said...

Clever..great eye with circles and the die .
Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and Happy New Year.
Congrats on doing 30 cards..that is awesome. Can't wait to see what new stamps you bought..Santa musts have known you can't live without new ones.
Tish

Leslie Miller said...

These colors appeal to me a lot. Not only is your card beautiful, but your staging is perfectly coordinated. You did great with 30 Christmas cards, Evelyn. I can say the one I received with glittery silver trees is gorgeous! I hope you're doing okay with everything. I haven't been back on IG since before Christmas, and I alternate between energy and lethargy. Today it's lethargy, and I have no good reason for it.

Vickie Z said...

Love the die cut layers and leafy cuts! So happy you joined us at CTD!

TK said...

Simply stunning, I love the "simply stated" appeal of your card