Friday, June 2, 2017

CAS Mix Up with Embossing Paste


The challenge for CAS Mix Up this month seems straightforward...because I actually have a few jars of embossing paste.  The problem is that I have very little experience with the paste, so it required some experimentation.  The stencil I chose is from Dreamweaver.  The embossing paste design worked fine, but I traded blue cardstock for white as a card so things would look "cleaner."  It was then I discovered that I needed some white space, so stamping wasn't going to work there.  That's why the stamping of the music score is on the die cut from Altenew.  
   Stamping + embossing paste + die cut



6 comments:

Bonnie said...

Very clever to stamp the music on the die cut, Evelyn! Great job on the embossing and I love that blue against it! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

Loll said...

Great job Evelyn. This is really beautiful. I'm so impressed with how you added the stamping requirement - very creative! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

nancy littrell said...

A fun way to add your stamping, Evelyn. Love how your Embossing thru your stencil with paste turned out too. TFS and joining us at CAS Mix Up. Hugs..

Leslie Miller said...

Brilliant way to work in all three techniques, Evelyn. I would have guessed the blue was designer paper. It looks fantastic!

Julia Aston said...

Love the pop of blue over the white paste stenciled dots Evelyn - the music stamping over the sentiment adds nice detail! Thank you for joining us in the CAS Mix up Challenge! Julia xx

Susan said...

Very clever to add the stamping to the die cut to keep the card CAS! Love the simple design and colour scheme. Thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up.