Monday, December 7, 2009

Tim's 12 Tags of Christmas #7


This tag took three complete attempts. I don't have a Santa stamp...not even a little one...so I tried a kitty with a Santa hat---bad choice. When I decided to use one of my many face stamps, I mistakenly used gold Distress embossing powder on the next-to-last step. Start over! I like the result, but the colors are definitely not as vibrant as the one Tim made. Maybe I got carried away with the flourishes in white acrylic paint. (By the way....the purchased mask material isn't necessary at all. I stamped on a transparency and used Scotch clear double-sided tape to use it as a mask.) Although it's barely visible, there is a line of red and green Stickles above the image, as well as a little Stickles accent at the lower edge.

It's midnight and the house is creaking in the 3-degree temperature!

12 comments:

Helen said...

I just love your tags! Especially the plaid one with the candle - fabulous!

Anonymous said...

I think this is a good Evelyn interpretation of today's tag! Necessity IS the mother of invention, you know; and you've proven it with this and other tags. Good job and another good innovation. Denise B.

Aimee said...

This tag is lovely!!

Art By Wanda said...

Your tag is beautiful!!!

Linda said...

Your tag is beautiful!
Linda van Vliet

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

What a gorgeous tag, I think lots of us had trouble with this one!
xx

Shelly Hickox said...

Hmmmm....now I really want to see that kitty w/the Santa hat! You shouldn't tease like that.

I absolutely love the image that you used in place of the Santa. I am getting Santa overload and she is a beautiful substitute.

Allie Gower said...

If at first you don't succeed, make more ART!
I love the end result.

Anonymous said...

well I just love it! Cher

Suzanne C said...

Very pretty! Love that you used the ladies pretty face in the center instead of the santa.

Unknown said...

Love your version of this tag!

Sherry Goodloe said...

I REALLY like the the image you used for this tag! And the colors are just PERFECT!