Monday, October 5, 2009

Shabby Chic on Tag Tuesday



If I were single, I would decorate in 'shabby chic'! Lots of cream and white, distressed wood, shaped metal, etc., etc. That's just a dream, though. ;-) This tag for Tag Tuesday's theme of Shabby Chic and the DezinaWorld Lace Theme features the Faux Painted Paneling technique from the current Technique Junkies newsletter, which I then distressed by sanding. I've added a ribbon and lace combination to frame the portrait.

(Have a wonderful time on your cruise with Tim Holtz, Louise!)

11 comments:

Sandy said...

Oh wow this is absolutely beautiful.
Fantastic Tag.

Lynn Stevens said...

Evelyn, this is Gorgeous. I'm with you I would Love to do the shabby chic thing but my hubby wouldn't know where to put his deer, etc. I guess I could drape them with lace. LOL

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

Evelyn, love your comment about decorating in Shabby Chic if you were single. I think we all would....it's so calming.
Your white tag is lovely...love the monochromatic design.

Char said...

Fabulous fabulous Shabby tag.

Vada said...

Wow Evelyn!!!
Beautiful Tag...
Stampin' Hugs Vada

Janet said...

so feminine and pretty!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous work on this tag. I love the lace and it would also fit for my blog challenge if you want to add it there too
hugs June x

Ali Manning said...

What a soft and feminine tag! Head over to Gingersnaps - there is a surprise for you!

Jacqueline said...

I love shabby chic too, not only on cards! Your's is beautiful with the lace!

Anonymous said...

Hi Evelyn, its good to know you entered this one in the challenge :) its also good to know you and thanks for your email. and i shall add to follow
hugs June xx

Carol Q said...

gorgeous tag!