Sunday, April 29, 2018

Freshly Made with a Popped-up Sentiment


I tried something new on this card for Freshly Made Sketches, something I've admired on other cardmakers' creations. The die is from Altenew; the flower image is from Stampendous.  After stamping the flowers, I heat-embossed the images and colored with SU! markers. I die-cut three additional words, two white and a black,  and adhered them to the underside of the colored one. Finally, I used narrow strips of foam tape to pop "happy" even more.  I definitely want to try this technique again, but I'll probably use lighter colors for the stamped images so the die cut is more obvious.  


2 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

I like this effect! I've seen it done but have never tried it. It helps to have a big word like this. Love the color of your flowers. Everything worked out so beautifully with the sketch!

Jen Camara Mitchell said...

I love how this looks. Dark colors, light colors this technique always looks fabulous! Your boldly colored flowers are a great contrast to the white space and are highlighted perfectly with the black accents. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!