Sunday, March 10, 2024

A Floral Square and a Meaningful Sentiment

 

First, I made a kraft square card...then realized it really didn't feature the flower for The Flower Challenge.  So it was a start-over.  The poppy image is a new one from Unity.  One stamper used it every day for about a month to make a wonderful variety of cards.  For this one, I water-colored the poppy. I'm looking forward to seeing what else I can do with the image.  For now, it's a 5x5 square card. I actually have invitation envelopes so I can also mail it.

 The sentiment is so meaningful for me...and for 3 of my 4 siblings. Our mother had an extended peony garden; all of us have some of her peony plants in our own gardens and we have extended our floral choices to dahlias, coneflowers, black-eyed Susans, poppies, clematis, etc.  In our senior years, we have definitely found our own gardens and know our mother would be proud.  



No comments: