Friday, January 5, 2024

Every Moment Matters

 


This Color Throwdown card took on a life of its own...I started with Distress Oxide blending over the heat-embossed image.  Then I die cut the panel and decided to "frame" it.  Before long I was dry-embossing the front panel of an ivory card and adding the frame on foam strips.  After that I popped up the central image with foam tape and added the odd "every moment matters" sentiment.  (I say "odd" because I always have to study it to see what it says!)  





















5 comments:

Celeste Goff said...

What an absolutely beautiful card!

Leslie Miller said...

Wow, this is gorgeous, Evelyn! Love the texture, layers, and colors. Many times one of my cards will have a mind of its own. Sometimes I'll agree with it, sometimes not.

Tish said...

Great card.
I checked out your photography. Have you ever submitted to the Stampington issues that use photography??? Your work is truly beautiful. How you capture color is great. The barbed wire is fascinating. Love the deer, etc.
So much to love. Your cards reflect your unique style, too.
Thanks for sharing.
Tish
P.S. So OS got the quarterback from Clemson, near me, but now he is at my husband's alma mater, FSU.. Now we will be pulling for him, doubly.

Wanda Cullen said...

Beautiful take on the throwdown colors! Love how you described your card's 'journey". Thanks so much for joining us this week at CTD!

dj said...

Gorgeous color blending!! Thanks for play along with the Color Throwdow Challenge...you rocked the color combo!! Deb Horst, Guest Designer #ctd774