Sunday, September 10, 2023

Fall Colors Already?


When I saw the color palette for this week's Color Throwdown, I thought that I would try to do something that wasn't fall-oriented.  It just didn't work.   So out came the multiple leaf dies as soon as I had the colors of cardstock chosen.  The detail of the leaf didn't really stand out on the first leaf die cuts, so I spritzed a mist of water on the cardstock and die cut again. Then I stacked two leaves together. The most challenging part of this project was the 3-D embossing folder!  I still don't know exactly how I finally made it work; I certainly tried a variety of sandwiches that didn't work.  






3 comments:

Vickie Z said...

Love the embossed background and sweet leaves!! So happy you joined us at CTD!!

Leslie Miller said...

Wow, it's gorgeous! I would love these colors with or without the fall theme. It appears the water spritzing really helped with the impression on the leaves. Beautiful design! I have trouble getting a deep impression with certain lines of embossing folders.

Broni said...

Oh how pretty! I love how you used yellow as the background! It really brightens everything! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown!