Wednesday, October 5, 2022

Giving in to Fall Designs

 I have many fall themed stamps, but I rarely use them. I am determined to change that habit this year. Actually, I purchased new fall stamps and dies because I couldn't resist them.  


This card was created with a Honey Bee cover plate gifted to me by an old friend who visited this week. I chose a maple leaf from Wendy Vecchi's "Make Art" Lots of Leaves package and smooshed on Distress Oxide inks before adding a "water drop."  The beautiful sentiment is an old Wordsworth stamp, wood-mounted. 


Inspired by a card I saw on Pinterest, I dug out the embossing folder with the idea of adding fall leaves.  I smooshed Oxide inks on watercolor paper, spritzed it and smooshed some more before heat drying it. Then I die cut the leaves with dies I found on Amazon. 


1 comment:

Leslie Miller said...

I'm glad you made these fall cards, Evelyn, because they're so beautiful to see this time of year. Love those leaf dies you found on Amazon. I'm trying to make my fall cards for birthdays and Thanksgiving as I have so many fall birthdays. I can't keep up.