Sunday, July 18, 2021

Alcohol Inks on Display

 I am really "into" alcohol inks this weekend, so I made 3 challenge cards with the AI mixes I created today.  My supplies included a set of 24 alcohol inks from Picassio, 91% rubbing alcohol,  and alcohol ink paper from Pixiss. The paper is the best I've ever used with AI's.  The first two cards are included in this post because the due date is tomorrow (Monday).  

For Color Throwdown, I always struggle when there are more than 3 colors or colors that I just don't use very often.  That's why I chose to use alcohol inks.  The floral die is a new favorite from Altenew. 




The second card in this post is for Freshly Made Sketches 494.    The design element is a rectangular die cut of another piece of alcohol inked paper.  This one included some Tim Holtz alloys for a metallic accent.  I framed the AI piece in metallic gold cardstock and a gold one-word sentiment. One layer of the card front picks up one of the colors in the ink combination. 


 My third AI card will be posted tomorrow, but I'm not going to stop playing with the AI's.  I still have some inked pieces to use.  






No comments: