Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Watercolor Dragonfly for CAS MixUp


Watercolour Challenge

 

This has been a marathon of card fronts, all because I get "off-track" and forget what I am supposed to be doing.  CAS Mix Up was the goal. CAS is always a challenge for me...."Flight" was good because I decided on butterflies, which I used to create a pretty design---but no watercolor!  Watercolor is the challenge!  Four card fronts later, I ended up with a simple image and design: my very old, very favorite dragonfly image (I Brake for Stamps).  I heat embossed the image and the sentiment and then painted the dragonfly with Altenew watercolors.  The metal heart embellishment was tried on every one of the four "drafts" that didn't work. 




8 comments:

conil said...

I love dragonflies, they're so magical and bring such joy watching them hover. This bold critter is the epitome of "flight". So glad you joined us at CAS Mix Up.

Viv said...

A perfectly CAS card Evelyn. Your dragonfly is so pretty - and I adore the sentiment!
Thanks so much for joining my challenge at CAS Mix Up. xx

Bonnie said...

We are neighbors in the gallery at CAS Mix Up, so I wanted drop by and say Hi Neighbor. I, too, struggle with CAS so it was fun to see how well you did with this challenge.

Leslie Miller said...

You nailed it this time, Evelyn! I keep seeing cards that make me wonder why I didn't go that route... I could have used a dragonfly, sheesh. I hope you didn't throw away those other card fronts because if they're half this pretty... It's good to see you in our CAS Mix Up gallery!

Loll said...

Your dragonfly is gorgeous, Evelyn! Fabulous CAS design that shows off the amazing focal point. Love the sweet gold heart! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

Anna said...

Hello fellow Oregonian! Your card is so pretty. I love the dragonfly stamp. I am seeing them in real life right now, and they remind me of our beautiful summers.
Anna from Portland.

Bobby said...

Saw your dragonfly in the CAS Mix-Up gallery and had to come see how yours differs from mine. I love the lacy look of your stamps wings, Evelyn, and the soft color of the dragonfly. We've all been there with card fronts not working out or forgetting all the parameters of a challenge. You pulled it out with this beauty.

nancy littrell said...

Love your sentiment for your amazing detailed dragonfly, Evelyn. The dragonflies are flying around our gardens and love when the sun hits their gorgeous wings. TFS your beautiful dragonfly, my friend. So pleased you joined us at CAS Mix Up. Love and Hugs...Nancy