Sunday, January 10, 2021

Splatters!


This CAS Mix Up was truly a challenge for me!  I can't splatter...and I tried every technique in the three videos.  For one thing, I couldn't find an ink that would work, so I used white acrylic paint and watered it down.  I'll be certain to try it again...a different color, maybe. 

The image and sentiment are from Picket Fence (which seems to be my go-to lately).   Blue has been my favorite color "forever," but I almost never make a blue card.  The card includes stamping, heat embossing and splatters.  








 

8 comments:

nancy littrell said...

Love your CAS design with your blue background and perfect acrylic splatters, Evelyn. So pleased you joined us at CAS Mix Up. Love and Hugs...Nancy

MADMYSHA said...

Perfect card for me to see today.

Karen Dunbrook said...

so pretty...love the blue of course!
xx Karen

Leslie Miller said...

Your card is an example of how sometimes feeling blue is beautiful! I would say your white acrylic splatters are perfection, Evelyn. I don't know why splatters should be so hard, but they do take time to figure out. I guess this challenge really IS a challenge! Thanks so much for playing along!

Bonnie said...

Your splatters are perfect, Evelyn! I love that you have different sizes of splatters and the white plays off the blue background and black embossing beautifully! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

HilaryJane said...

Well I think your splatters are just perfect. Using acrylic paint was a very good idea. I love that sentiment and the shine from your heat embossing too. Thank you so much for persevering with it and joining us at CAS Mix up this month xx

conil said...

Seems to me that your splatter is just the ideal embellishment for this card so you'll it proves you can splatter and you picked the best medium. The sentiment is definitely perfect for this lovely and soothing card.

Loll said...

LOVE your blue card with the beautiful flower, Evelyn! Your splatters look perfect! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!