Sunday, July 12, 2020

CAS Mix Up -- Stencil Tracing


Tracing a stencil?  I've never heard of it until now with the current CAS Mix Up.   I chose an Artist Cellar stencil called "Fire Coral."  Because I have two brand-new pads of Speckled Egg ink, I chose the Distress one for the stencil; I did the tracing with an SU! marker.  The Tolkien quotation is from Impression Obsession. 
(Admission:  When the card was completed, I realized there wasn't enough white space for a CAS card, so I did some serious cutting down.)



5 comments:

Bonnie said...

Love these colors, Evelyn! Your found a perfect contrast for the Speckled Egg! A wonderful sentiment too! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

Loll said...

Fabulous colours Evelyn. I'm waiting for my speckled egg inks to arrive --- so excited! :) The outlining on the stencil really makes it stand out. Great work! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

Leslie Miller said...

I like the pattern of your stencil, and it's a pretty ink color. I'm so out of touch when it comes to the next great thing.

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful Speckled Egg color for your stenciled and outlined image, Evelyn. I love your wonderful quote too and framing. TFS and joining us at CAS Mix Up Stencil Tracing, my friend. Love and Hugs...Stay safe and Creative...Nancy

Loll said...

Very cool stencil, Evelyn! Love it done with the speckled egg ink ... I'm still waiting for mine to arrive! :) The outlining really brings emphasis on the stencil design. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!