Monday, November 4, 2019

Oxidized Metal for CAS Mix Up



 Oxidized metal, stamping, heat embossing, die cutting, alcohol inks

This was a fun CAS Mix Up technique, although I discovered that I didn't have any regular reinkers after my summertime craft room "purge."  I do have many alcohol inks, though, and I decided to use those. The maple leaves are the Maple Leaf Border from Poppy Stamps. I cut the leaves from a lightweight metallic paper and applied various alcohol inks and clear embossing powder.  I stamped the Inkadinkado sentiment on die-cut black cardstock and heat-embossed it with a sparkly gold powder; then I layered it on a heavier gold piece of cardstock.  The dotted metallic layer is a piece of designer paper in a 6x6 pad. I popped the oxidized leaves on adhesive dots.   It is really difficult to photograph black cardstock; I'm adding a closeup of one of the leaves.  (The card in real-life is prettier than the photograph.)  



11 comments:

Sue said...

Gorgeous card, the leaves are stunning!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh. My. GOSH! I've read every word several times because I can't even imagine how you made this look so incredible. Those leaves! I could just faint! The gold-dotted black paper is the perfect backdrop. This looks like a really special photo album cover or something. It's so much more than a card. This just moved to the top of my Evelyn favorites. Wow!

Bonnie said...

These leaves are gorgeous, Evelyn! They are beautiful framing this wonderful sentiment! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

MADMYSHA said...

This is absolutely stunning! Such an incredibly beautiful card!

ednamburgess said...

They turned out great. I'm going to try it and see how it goes. Thanks for telling us how to do it.

Ros Crawford said...

WOW!!! This is a stunner! I adore those leaves especially against the dark card. Thanks so much for sharing at CAS Mix Up!!

nancy littrell said...

Absolutely Stunning metallic leaves using metallic paper and alcohol inks!!! I would not thought of using alcohol inks on metallic paper. The color combos and textures on your leaves are so Gorgeous!!! Love the black background and the designer black paper with gold flecks! TFS your beauty, Evelyn. Hugs...Nancy

Susan Joyce said...

Your leaves are awesome done with the alcohol inks, and the gold on black, beautiful card. Thanks for joining us this month at CAS Mix Up.

Jo said...

Those leaves are truly amazing. This must be even more spectacular in real life. A beautiful card, so well balanced.
Thank you so much for joining us at CAS Mix Up!

Loll said...

Your card is beautiful Evelyn! So happy you included a close-up on your one leaf. WOW! Those colours are AMAZING! Great work with metal and alcohol inks. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

Brenda in IN said...

This is fantastic and the leaves look awesome. Great card, Evelyn.