Sunday, April 14, 2019

Watercolored Poppy for April


I actually made two different card fronts with two different poppy stamps for CAS Watercolor's April challenge, only to remember that I needed more white space.  It's always good to go back to the blog post and study the DT cards. 

Hero Arts' clear "Delicate Blossoms" stamp is one of my favorites; two tall arrangements of poppies.  I stamped and heat-embossed the image on white cardstock and then colored with SU's Sweet Sugarplum marker (and another darker pink), while using an water brush. I found a piece of cardstock that matched the color and layered the painted piece on it and a black card.  The sentiment from Wordsworth is one I've had for years but never used.  (I have planted a plum-colored poppy plant twice in the past 4 years and neither one came up in the spring.  I'm not giving up!)



No comments: