Friday, June 22, 2018

Butterflies on Double D




I don't think I've taken a Double D Challenge before, but lately I have been ready to do something other than a CAS card, and this is that opportunity. "Butterflies" is the theme, and I have more than enough butterfly stamps--many of them years old and still uninked.  However, I chose an old Stampers Anonymous image that I've used several times (there is a dragonfly image in this line that is truly a favorite). I heat-embossed the image with the idea of applying some watercolor.  It worked well, but right before posting, I thought of something else I could add: a vellum image over the stamped one.

 I embossed the image once more in black and cut out the butterfly. Then I applied a wash of watercolor to the back---only to discover that the vellum curled.  Fortunately, it was easy to press out, leaving just enough curl to add some dimension and interest to the card front.  "Imagine" is a Memory Box die.



No comments: