Monday, September 25, 2017

Less Is More = Simplicity



This was another of those Less is More sketches that led me in one direction, but I didn't like the finished product.  In this case, the correction involved only changing out the three featured items. I chose DSP imprinted with a gold music score, just enough "glitz" to brighten up the neutral card.  The stamp and coordinating die are from Mama Elephant's "Summer Garden" set. That wonderful sentiment is from a stamp set that I can't identify right now.  (Update: The sentiment is from a Precious Remembrance Shop set!)




6 comments:

Susan said...

Perfect sentiment for this CAS card! Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

Tish said...

Evelyn, you strike again!! The sentiment fits the card perfectly, with simplicity.
I understand how you feel now about not having a good stamp store nearby..I have nothing but 45 min. away. Kind of silly to go just for glue. I am sure I will buy more online now. Although, since I have hundreds of stamps from my teaching days...guess I need to use these up first.
Tish

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

What a gorgeous card Evelyn! The muted and soft neutral colour palette works so well and I bet the gold gives a beautiful shine too. Perfectly CAS, elegant, classy and a wonderful use of the sketch. Thank you so much for joining us at Less is More xx

Trina P. said...

Lovely card with a pretty neutral palette. I like how you popped them up with foam adhesive to add dimension. Thank you for joining us this week at Less is More. Trina :)

Leslie Miller said...

Your card is a perfect example of how simplicity is beauty. What lovely paper you cut the flowers from.

Neets B said...

The neutrals with the gold is perfect. Such a stylish card.
Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x