Friday, December 2, 2011

'Tis the Season for Tags

It's December, so all sorts of tag challenges are on various blogs and sites.   Ellen Hutson creates her 12 Tags of Christmas with a feminine twist.  Tag No. 1 is "White on White." Mine is "White and Pearls."

That  pine cone die has caused me so much trouble.   I want a pine cone and I get a rose; I want a rose and I get a pine cone. I managed to make both.  (The center "rose" is yellow because I scorched the embossing powder with the heat gun.  They are white IRL.)    Ellen has a beautiful tulle wreath with baubles, but I substituted a half-circle of lacy trim, put together with hot glue.  The tag itself was embossed in a folder, rubbed with embossing ink and heat-embossed with holographic embossing powder.   The leaves of the pine cone die were cut of  Silk Silver Lustre from Paper Temptress.  Beaded trim finishes off the bottom of the tag.   (By midnight, I had strings of hot glue flying everywhere. When my husband leaves for work at 5:30 in the morning, the Big Shot, extra leaves, and hot glue gun will still be on the coffee table and end table near my computer.)

8 comments:

Vada said...

Wow Evelyn!!! Very Rich!! I see you picked up the Pinecone Dir Too. How do you like it?
Beautful Work Evelyn.
Hugs Vada

Ida said...

Very Elegant!

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Evelyn
I just loved the Tag over at Ellen Hutson when I saw it this morning, and I am so tempted to join in, but I have so much to do before the big day, I think I will save them for another time. Anyway, your Tag is stunning, it glistens in pure innocence, your pine cones and Rose are gorgeous, and your pearl trim just finishes it off wonderfully.
I will look forward to seeing each one you make my friend.
Smiles:)

Lisa Somerville said...

Very elegant Evelyn! Glad to see you play along!

penny4thoughts said...

Such a beautiful tag, Evelyn! I love both your rose and pinecones - I seem to get more roses than pinecones - guess I should just change the themes of my projects to be flowery lol!

Anonymous said...

Beyond pretty! Love it!

Shelly Hickox said...

Gorgeous, Evelyn! I change the way my blogroll reads and I didn't even see that you posted this. I think you did a wonderful job - if it had been me, there would be brown smudges and fingerprints all over. There is a reason I do grungy. ;-)

Lynn Stevens said...

Wowzers Is that ever GORGEOUS!!!!
Pine cone or Rose you can't go wrong either way. clap clap clap!!!
hugs Lynn