Sunday, September 11, 2011

Stars for Bloggers Challenge

Lisa has chosen "Stars" as the theme for the current Bloggers Challenge.  When I'm lacking creative mojo, I often choose a tag as my project instead of a card.   This teal-colored tag was cut from embossed cardstock; the stars are a Sizzix die that I painted with Faded Jeans Distress Stain and heat-embossed with clear EP.  "Sunburnt" Opals embossing powder was added for a little copper accent on the stars, with the copper repeated on the edges of the tag with a Krylon pen.  The sentiment was cut from the Spellbinders Fancy Labels.




8 comments:

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Terrific tag, Evelyn! I love all of the teal and your stars turned out wonderfully! :D

MD said...

waouh, beau tag
* bravo

Terry said...

What a great touch to use a copper accent on the edges and stars! I will have to find some of that EP! Love your stars and embossed background. Great tag!

Basement Stamper said...

Like what you did with the embossing powder on the stars. It's shining with the stars.

Lisa Somerville said...

Stunning Tag Evelyn - doesn't look like you've lost your muse at all! Love the added opals! Thanks for playing along at the Bloggers Challenge!

Chrissy D said...

Very pretty Evelyn! TFS!!

Laura lok said...

oh i love this. hoping my fall will be less crazy and will try to do some of your link ups it feels like I haven't stamped in a long time

Ida said...

Playing comment catch-up today.
Wow this is stunning. Love the colors you used and the way the stars were done.