Thursday, January 7, 2010

Thinking of warmer weather































I realize that spring is several weeks away, but that doesn't prevent me from thinking about it. Last year, I photographed two clematis plants at my sister's house. She and her husband planted them so they climb posts supporting the pergola out their back door. One clematis is as blue as I've seen in a flower and grows only halfway up the post, while the other is a rich purple that climbs up and over the pergola roof. Last summer, they were unbelievably rich with blossoms. These photographs have been "PhotoShopped" to take away the 'reality' and enhance the lines and colors.

2 comments:

K said...

beautiful! I have a clematis plant but I get light pink flowers - the purple ones are so much prettier!

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Hi Evelyn...The Clematis vines are so beautiful on your blog...just gorgeous. I love and grow them as well. These purples look like Jackmani's, they are such a prolific grower in our area, in spite of our dreadfully cold winters. So nice of you (and your sister) to share these. Hugs, Gayle.