Thursday, January 19, 2012

Taking forever.....

When I'm making a card for a challenge such as this week's Play Date Cafe' Challenge, I am amazed at how long I work on it!  I know that not having a layout in mind when I start is probably the biggest problem, but it's how I work.   And I find myself at midnight, finally completing the post with my challenge card.
(Linking up with 52 Card Pickup, too.)


Patterned paper from  Basic Grey's "Wassail" collection; textured paper from Club Scrap. 
Tim Holtz Tattered Florals die; Springtime Background Texture Fade; Spellbinders Labels Twenty-three.
  Sentiment from Impression Obsession 

9 comments:

Shelly Hickox said...

I'm a slowpoke too - I remember submitting cards for Take 10 that took quite a bit more than 10 minutes, lol!

Love your card. The flower is gorgeous and the colors are so soft and pretty.

Cynthia Schelzig said...

I have to laugh everytime I read that ad....10 Minute cards...where did this idea come from anyway???!!! I am sorry but there just isn´t such a thing at my house. Trust me ,,,if I ever find a way to produce a card in less than two hours I will email you ASAP....so I can relate totally to what you are saying...this is a gorgeous card though so I think it was worth working till 12 midnite ,,,don´t you:) have a good weekend!!

Anonymous said...

What a great insight into your struggles. Needless to say, the struggle is missed due to the fact this is a wonderful card. I never would have "see" the BG Christmas paper as something to use for this card. Yet..you pulled if off beautifully Thanks for the ideas.
Tish

Lynn Stevens said...

I have to laugh Evelyn, I so know what you mean, here it is midnight and I'm just getting around to visiting my favorite blogs!

Beautiful card,you know how much I adore the B&W.
Hope your doing well.
Hugs Lynn

Bridget Larsen said...

Absolutely gorgeous, I love the colours you used

Lisa Elton said...

This is pretty Evelyn, love your blossom!

Michele Gross said...

Wonderful job with the colors!! Thanks for playing at The Play Date Cafe!

Stacy said...

Very pretty card and great take on the challenge. Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe!

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous Evelyn!