I'm sure there was an easier approach to Linda's " Compendium of Curiosities Challenge" this week, but I didn't take it! Personally, I love flowers in colors, but I decided to 'grunge' with the Grungepaper Flowers challenge in Tim's book. One of the most time-consuming steps was gluing some of Tim's paper to the die cut Tattered Florals....I didn't get a good coverage of glue, so the paper kept separating from the Grungepaper. Then I had to decide how I was going to use the flowers, so the project grew even larger. I have several papier mache items that I keep thinking I'll alter; one of them was this 'book' box.
I primed with gesso and then painted with metallic copper acrylic. When that dried, I sanded the edges and corners, cut more of Tim's paper for the top, bottom and insides, adhering them with matte medium. I used a little of the Tissue Tape on the spine and edges of the inside box. All of the papers are from Tim's "Lost and Found" paper stash. (Interestingly enough, the 'antique' brads are a Stampin' Up! product.)
There are probably too many flowers for one box, but after I made them all, I wanted to use them!