Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Funkie Junkie 12 Tags of Christmas #9

Linda's Funkie Junkie tag is another collection of wonderful details this week.   I liked the choice of embossed and painted tag base; I started from there.  Like Linda, I cut my tag of brown cardstock, embossed it with a wood grain and painted it with Picket Fence Crackle Paint.  Then I sanded it slightly.  I also chose stars for details, as Linda did.  I cut mine out of the same painted cardstock as the tag, but edged them in gold Krylon and attached them with gold brads.  Once I cut the stars, I decided to stay with the cream and gold color scheme.  Like Linda's tag, mine has a wide ribbon and bow around the center.  I've added a button, but with gold cord, and my "sentiment" is one of Tim's tags that I painted gold.




12 comments:

Bridget Larsen said...

oh very nice, I see everyone is getting on the tag bandwagon and not just TH

Barb said...

Beautiful! I must get busy and make some tags!

Sue said...

Hello Evelyn
I am so impressed with how you have interpreted Linda's latest Tag, your stars look great in the picket fence paint.
I have to admit I am having troubled being inspired with this sample.
Smiles:)
Sue

Lynn Stevens said...

Gorgeous Evelyn. Love the white and gold combination. Its so rich yet has a shabby chic feel to it.
I really must get over and check out her tag challenge.
hugs Lynn

Lisa said...

Love it! I just pinned it on pinterest!

Lisa said...

Love it! I just pinned it on my pinterest!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

This is really beautiful, Evelyn! The white and gold are stunning together and I really like the way you cut the stars from the same painted/embossed paper. That ribbon is gorgeous too - just a lovely piece of work and a terrific entry into week #9!

Hugs,
Linda

Samantha Elliott said...

Love your take on the tag Evelyn. I have only recently discovered these but hope to catch up very soon. I started with this one!
x

Tess @ Pro-tography 101 said...

that looks neat. Is this hard?

Yvonne Garner said...

Oh how divine! Great take on Linda's tag! Best, Yvonne

Ruth said...

Thought I'd visit your craft blog, so glad i did (apart from it being winter over here with the flakes coming down! Brr!) Such gorgeous tags, I love both the style and colours you chose, beautiful :)

Anneke said...

Wow, this tag is very eye catching! Love your white and gold combination!