Saturday, July 16, 2011

Inspired by Jill again...

Previously, I've posted a couple of cards that I made after seeing the technique on Jill Foster's Inspired By blog.    Her recent video demonstrating how to make a set of cards from Penny Black Stickeroos motivated me today, and I actually made three cards and had stickers left over.    The two-toned card at the left was colored with Distress Stains, the first time I've used them. The horizontal card to the right was also colored with Distress Stain. Distress Inks were used for the rest of the stamping and inking. (click for a closer view)

6 comments:

Vada Schutz said...

Wow Evelyn, I'm going to pop over to Jill's blog, as your cards are just outstanding..
Don't you just love Penny Black stickers?
Hugs Vada

Cynthia Schelzig said...

oooo I can see what you were talking about...they look great...so pretty. They look like you painted them ...gorgeous stickers! and how you put them together.

Scrumplescrunch said...

They are lovely Evelyn.
I saw Jills technique and I thought there is a use for them on occasions when you want a card quickly, they are products I would not use personally as I like to start a design and work it myself, I need that to satisfy my creative urges!!!
Smiles:)

Ashley Ashbee said...

Hi Evelyn!

Fantastic old paper effect. I'm new to your blog, but do you emboss?

-Ashley

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

Your cards are lovely Evelyn.

Lynn Stevens said...

What a Gorgeous set of cards! You should make a box to match , What an incredible Christmas gift for a loved one these would make!
hugs Lynn