Thursday, April 22, 2010

A New Challenge Blog....Lots to Do

Challenge blogs keep me going, and I was happy to find a new one today:  Lots to Do.  Very often, they make me stretch to create something I wouldn't think up on my own.   Alcohol inks are quite familiar to me, however, and one of my favorite projects is to turn a plain glass bottle into a rich looking one. This little (4 1/2") bottle started out as part of  a reed diffuser set; it held the fragrant oil.   Alcohol inks, metallic gold pen, gold webbing spray dramatically changed the looks of the Plain Jane glass.  For a topper, I whittled down the cork from a wine bottle and cut it in half before applying metallic gold ink. (click on photo for look at details)

5 comments:

Debby said...

I love this, just beautiful.
debby

Sherry Goodloe said...

GORGEOUS!!

Paper Paradise said...

This os beautiful, what a great entry for the challenge. x

Lynn Stevens said...

Youd never guess it wasnt an old vintage bottle.Gorgeous!

crafty creations said...

I'm so pleased you found our challenge site and hope to see you often - you may like to take our logo for your blog or become a follower!!!

This bottle is amazing - the colours are stunning I enlarged it to get a better look.

Thank you so much for sharing with the Lotstodo challenge - see you soon xx |HIlda