Tuesday, September 5, 2017

CAS Mix-Up with Watercolor Wash


Having been gone for a week visiting our baby granddaughter, I wanted to get back on the card-making track quickly.  The problem: I didn't read deadline dates very well, so the first two cards I made were late.  I posted one anyway because I like it. Onward ... to the  challenge September CAS Mix Up.Thank heavens, these last a month!  I'm loving the watercolor challenges, and I've been watching some great video demonstrations for instruction and inspiration.  

Watercolor wash was especially rewarding with Peerless Watercolors....It's amazing how much color is contained on each sheet in that booklet!The watercolor washes turned out to be quite vibrant.  In addition to the watercolor and stamping, I chose diecuts. 

At this point, I must admit another problem: my first card for this challenge is my favorite with its green, blue and yellow colors, BUT it's not very CAS.   Sooooooo....I made another one, with more white space.  This card features a Technique Junkies image and a Verve die cut. 


The card below was my initial choice, but it has very little white space.  I reminded myself that I must always think "CAS" when starting on one of these challenges.  The sentiment is from Impression Obsession, and the die cut is from Tim Holtz's "splatters" die set for Sizzix. 





4 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Wow! Two fantastic cards! I really love the colors on your blue/green card, but the sunset blaze on the first is extremely appealing to me as well. About that CAS idea... Some say the white space doesn't have to be white. You know me... I'm not very CAS, so what do I know?

Loll said...

Two beautiful cards, Evelyn. I agree about the Peerless ... the vibrant and clean colours are amazing. Love both your designs. You are right about "white space", there has to be open space (no pattern - any colour) in order for the card to be considered CAS. It's difficult to figure it out sometimes. I agree that your first card does have some open space with the border around your wash. Thanks for sharing it with us at CAS Mix Up!

Bonnie said...

Love this vivid background of the first card and that wonderful stamp, Evelyn! How fun! I like your second card too as it has a lovely wash and is very artsy, but not CAS. Thank you for catching that. And thank you for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up and CAS Watercolor!

Ina G said...

OMG your backgrounds are to die for. Fabulous cards Evelyn.