Saturday, June 11, 2016

Less is More with Splatters

"Splatters" -- the theme for Less is More inspired me to take out the alcohol inks again.  This time, I also used canned air.  The image is from the Tim Holtz collection of Stampers Anonymous.

(EDIT:   This was supposed to be a one-layer card!  I failed to read that bit of direction, obviously.  The interesting thing is that the glossy paper was cut from a card...so this could have been one layer if I had followed directions.  So....I made a second one, but the splatters didn't work as well!) 




10 comments:

Esther said...

I love the way the splatters frame the sentiment (and what a true sentiment it is!). Fab LIM card :)

Chrissie said...

This card makes a great statement Evelyn, it's really super, however like my first attempt this week it looks as though you may have forgotten the one layer element.
I love the colours!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Less is More

G Peplow said...

Great colour combination, love your card :D

Kathyk said...

Fab splats and loving the sentiment you've chosen to use too

Kathyk

Leslie Miller said...

Wow! The canned air and alcohol inks make some super fabulous spats! Great sentiment stamp. I forget that glossy cardstock makes a good one-layer card. I love it with the turquoise and black, though.

Chrissie said...

The revised version looks fab too Evelyn, thanks so much for doing a second edition!
Chrissie x
LIM

Linby said...

love your splatters - on both versions!

Sarah G said...

I love these splatters and the fab image/sentiment - it looks so arty! Thank you for adding a one layer version too. Great to see you at Less is More :)

Christine said...

Wow, a wonderful card.

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

oh! now look what you've done! I NEED canned air now that I have seen your amazing cards. They both look fabulous and I'm so glad you did the second one on one layer. Fabulously arty. Thanks so much for joining us.
Sharon xx
Less is More