Saturday, January 8, 2011

Cards from the past

At least two years ago, I submitted a series of Asian-themed cards as part of a Yahoo group's submission for publication.  Well, they were never published, so I'm publishing them now.   They feature images from Lynne Perrella's "Imperial Cargo" line of Stampington stamps.

Calligraphy Robe on a background I call "Aussie background"

Background of color wash with salt "Puccini's Muse"

Bleached and painted "Cinnabar"

Brushless watercolor  "The Crimson Fan" 


Both of these cards feature the "Aussie background"


5 comments:

Scrumplescrunch said...

Good on you Evelyn for posting these cards, I for one think they are wonderful.
Very unique and original, it is always stimulating to see different themes.
Smiles:)

Chris in Oz said...

Gorgeous cards, I love those stamps and have them all myself. I'd love to know a little more about the "Aussie background".

Hugz......

Cynthia Schelzig said...

and rightly so...these are fabulous cards. I still have my cans of webbing spray...I wonder if they even still work:) but you make me want to start spraying!!! Love the colors too.

Lynn Stevens said...

I Love all these Asian pieces, Divine!!

Susan said...

Have you posted a tutorial or instructions on creating the Aussie background? It is stunning - I'd love to try it.

Susan