Monday, December 7, 2009

Tim's 12 Tags of Christmas #7


This tag took three complete attempts. I don't have a Santa stamp...not even a little one...so I tried a kitty with a Santa hat---bad choice. When I decided to use one of my many face stamps, I mistakenly used gold Distress embossing powder on the next-to-last step. Start over! I like the result, but the colors are definitely not as vibrant as the one Tim made. Maybe I got carried away with the flourishes in white acrylic paint. (By the way....the purchased mask material isn't necessary at all. I stamped on a transparency and used Scotch clear double-sided tape to use it as a mask.) Although it's barely visible, there is a line of red and green Stickles above the image, as well as a little Stickles accent at the lower edge.

It's midnight and the house is creaking in the 3-degree temperature!

12 comments:

Helen said...

I just love your tags! Especially the plaid one with the candle - fabulous!

Anonymous said...

I think this is a good Evelyn interpretation of today's tag! Necessity IS the mother of invention, you know; and you've proven it with this and other tags. Good job and another good innovation. Denise B.

Aimee said...

This tag is lovely!!

Wanda H said...

Your tag is beautiful!!!

Linda said...

Your tag is beautiful!
Linda van Vliet

Jennie said...

What a gorgeous tag, I think lots of us had trouble with this one!
xx

Shelly Hickox said...

Hmmmm....now I really want to see that kitty w/the Santa hat! You shouldn't tease like that.

I absolutely love the image that you used in place of the Santa. I am getting Santa overload and she is a beautiful substitute.

Allie Gower said...

If at first you don't succeed, make more ART!
I love the end result.

Anonymous said...

well I just love it! Cher

Suzanne C said...

Very pretty! Love that you used the ladies pretty face in the center instead of the santa.

Stephanie Rodgers said...

Love your version of this tag!

Sherry Goodloe said...

I REALLY like the the image you used for this tag! And the colors are just PERFECT!