Sunday, December 27, 2009

Card from Jacqueline's Scraps


Last fall, I commented on Jacqueline DeGroot's blog about how I wished I had a scrap basket like hers. She makes beautiful creations, most of them from 'scraps,' as she describes them. Not much later, I received an envelope from France containing scraps from Jacqueline. This is the second card I've made from those beautiful pieces....the patterned paper background and the image of the woman are from Jacqueline. I stamped Hero Arts' "Moments" definition stamp, inked the edges, added the lace, and covered the image in ultrafine microbeads from PennywiseArts. Brown and peach cardstock finish off the piece.

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

So beautiful Evelyn! I really like the touch of lace, it lends itself well to this design!

Hugs,
Suzanne

P.S. Of course I love the touch of beads too, but that goes without saying! Ü

joy said...

Very pretty card, Evelyn! You did a wonderful job using Jacqueline's scraps!

Jacqueline said...

This card looks so romantic, especially with the falling snow and the tints of your blog - as if it is in the glow of a candle - just love it! Thanks for sharing and this makes me so happy to see the scraps being used!

Gerrie Johnnic said...

This is auesome..........love the soft, sweet look! xxoo